Tips to quit smokingpublished on: 25th august, 2021
How to quit smoking?
Find a reason. You'll need a compelling, personal cause to quit to get motivated. Choose a compelling cause that outweighs the desire to light up.
Be persistent. Set a "quit date" once you've decided to completely stop smoking and keep yourself engaged with better habits to divert from relapse.
Prepare: There's more to it than simply throwing away your cigarettes. Assemble a team of supporters ahead of time. You'll be prepared for the day you decide to retire.
Take into account Nicotine Replacement Therapy. Nicotine replacement therapy can help you control your cravings. Consult your doctor to guide you on this.
Learn everything you should know about Prescription Pills. Medicines can reduce urges and make smoking less pleasurable if you do decide to smoke. Other medications can help with withdrawal symptoms like depression and concentration issues. Consider medication after your doctor’s advice.
Ask your closed one’s support. Inform your friends, family, and other close friends that you are attempting to quit. They can motivate you to keep going, especially if you're inclined to take a break.
Organize your home. Toss all of your ashtrays and lighters once you've finished your final cigarette. Smoke-scented clothing should be washed, and your carpets, drapes, and upholstery should be cleaned.
Frequent Exercise. Being physically active can help to reduce nicotine cravings and alleviate withdrawal symptoms.
Eat Healthy. Consume fruits and vegetables. Don't try to lose weight when quitting smoking. By increasing your intake of fruits, veggies, whole grains, and lean protein, it will be beneficial to your entire body.
Keep in mind that you have time on your side. You begin to get instant health benefits as soon as you quit smoking. In the long run, you'll reduce your risk of lung cancer and other cancers.
- Cold Caps during Chemotherapy. Will it prevent hair loss?
- Navigating the cancer Journey
- Breast cancer surgeries
- What is Breast Cancer?
- Advices for feeding underweight child
- Iron Deficiency treatment
- Breast cancer- What to expect
- 10 Surprising Smoking facts
- Chest Pain
- Respiratory infections – ER
- Bladder control problems
- Kidney stones
- Prostate cancer
- Myth vs Reality in Urology
- Urinary Tract Infection, Everything You Need to Know
- Polycystic Kidney Disease
- Dealing with Vertigo
- Food Poisoning - What you need to know
- High Risk Pregnancy
- Early Signs of Pregnancy
- Exercises During Pregnancy
- Risks of Covid-19 During Pregnancy
- What is Obesity Dietician Department
- Dietary Preparation before a Bariatric Surgery
- Obesity and Women’s Health
- Keeping a Healthy Diet During Pregnancy
- The KETO Diet
2022. Burjeel Hospital. All Rights Reserved.MOH Approval No. WQ48385