Breast cancer- What to expectpublished on: 25th october, 2021
Breast cancer surgery is a crucial part of breast cancer treatment that entails surgically removing the malignancy. Chemotherapy, hormone therapy, targeted therapy, and radiation therapy are all options for treating breast cancer.
Breast cancer surgery can comprise a variety of procedures, including:
- The entire breast is removed in surgery (mastectomy)
- A piece of the breast tissue is removed during surgery (lumpectomy)
- Surgery to remove lymph nodes in the area
- After a mastectomy, surgery is performed to reconstruct the breast.
Although breast cancer surgery is a relatively safe operation, it does include a minor risk of consequences, which include:
- Collection of fluid at the operative site (seroma)
- Permanent scarring
- Loss of or altered sensation in the chest and reconstructed breasts
- Wound healing problems
- Arm swelling (lymphedema)
- Risks related to the medicine (anesthesia) used to put you in a sleep-like state during surgery, such as confusion, muscle aches and vomiting
What’s after the surgery?
Note: * The information on this website is not meant to be used to diagnose health conditions or to replace legitimate medical advice.
Dr. Toufic Ata
Consultant Laparoscopic Bariatric and General Surgery
- Cold Caps during Chemotherapy. Will it prevent hair loss?
- Navigating the cancer Journey
- Breast cancer surgeries
- What is Breast Cancer?
- Advices for feeding underweight child
- Iron Deficiency treatment
- 10 Surprising Smoking facts
- Chest Pain
- Tips to quit smoking
- Respiratory infections – ER
- Bladder control problems
- Kidney stones
- Prostate cancer
- Myth vs Reality in Urology
- Urinary Tract Infection, Everything You Need to Know
- Polycystic Kidney Disease
- Dealing with Vertigo
- Food Poisoning - What you need to know
- High Risk Pregnancy
- Early Signs of Pregnancy
- Exercises During Pregnancy
- Risks of Covid-19 During Pregnancy
- What is Obesity Dietician Department
- Dietary Preparation before a Bariatric Surgery
- Obesity and Women’s Health
- Keeping a Healthy Diet During Pregnancy
- The KETO Diet
2022. Burjeel Hospital. All Rights Reserved.MOH Approval No. WQ48385